We offer accommodation to students studying at Askham Bryan and Newton Rigg Campuses.
Applications for 2019/2020 are now open - Apply Now.
Living on campus will give you a wealth of opportunities, both socially and educationally, to ensure your experience at Newton Rigg College is one you'll never forget! However, starting at college can be a bit of a daunting experience and we know that living in Halls is an integral part of your campus experience. This is why we provide a range of options to suit different needs and budgets.
Residential Accommodation is available at our York and Penrith campuses, the information on this website relates to accommodation at our Penrith Campus only, here we have facilities to accommodate FE students. You can find out about accommodation at our Askham Bryan College campus in York on their website. Please note that we do not offer accommodation at any of our other centres.
For some Students, coming to study with us will mean living away from home for the first time, and living in one of our halls of residence is an easy and effortless way of meeting people, making new friends and staying in touch with what’s going on throughout the College.
We can accommodate 198 students in single rooms, 78 with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities, 120 with ensuite shower room.
Why Live on Campus?
- Students have an opportunity to take part in the out-of-hours activities at College; the enrichment warden and team organise a programme of sporting and social events during the year which students can take part in.
- Access to computer rooms in the evening.
- Study sessions are run in the evening.
- Students have an opportunity to develop their independence, confidence and maturity living away from home.
- Students have use of the sports hall and astro turf.
- The Student Common Room is open at all times for relaxing and socialising.
In the evening there is a team of Enrichment and Residential Wardens who ensure the students are making the most of living in halls of residence and are there to deal with any situations that arise. The warden on duty carries a mobile telephone so that they can be contacted at all times. The telephone number is 07971 892692; this is published on all the student notice boards.
Our Safeguarding telephone number is available to call 24 hours a day for any serious concerns students or parents may have (07971 892692) you can also email the Safeguarding Team (not 24 hours).
Please note, if a student chooses to leave accommodation on or after 2nd January 2019, the student will be charged for the entire academic year, i.e. up to and including 21st June 2019. A refund of the deposit will be made (usually within 8 weeks from departure date) less any amount withheld in accordance with the accommodation agreement.
If you have any further queries please contact our Accommodation Office on 01768 893709 or by email.
Below you can find downloads to help you with information regarding living in College accommodation:
- Accommodation Handbook (864.47 KB)
- Statement of Principles and Practice 2018-2019 (131.94 KB)
- Parents and Carers Expectations Booklet (201.08 KB)
- Annual Residential Accommodation Agreement (846.57 KB)
- Residential Rules (453.38 KB)
- Important Changes To Accommodation Terms and Conditions December 2018 (294.40 KB)