Skip to main content

How to Apply

There are two different ways to apply for our courses, for Full Timee Degree Courses you will need to apply through UCAS, for Part Time Degree Courses you can apply directly to the College.

About Higher Education

You can find more information about Higer Education and questions you may have about applications in these helpful downloads on the Higher York website.


Full Time Degree Courses

If you want to apply for a full time BSc Degree, Foundation Degree or HND course, you need to submit your application via UCAS (the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) on the UCAS website.

You can ask your teacher or careers adviser to help if you’re at school or college. If you’re not at school or college but are based in the UK you can apply online independently. You will need to pay the correct fee and supply the name of the academic reference (who will be contacted directly by UCAS) and then submit your application. The UCAS website provides full instructions on the application process and also has a comprehensive guide called ‘Applying Online’.

For international applicants from outside the UK (within the EU and worldwide), you should also apply online independently unless your school or college is registered with UCAS. Again, you are responsible for paying the correct fees, obtaining and attaching the academic reference and submitting the completed application to UCAS. Further help and advice is available from British Council offices.


When to Apply Through UCAS

If you’re planning to start your course in autumn, UCAS will accept your application from 1 September the previous academic year.

We welcome applications from students who wish to defer entry to their chosen course for one year. Please ensure this is indicated on your application form. If you’re applying from an EU country, make sure your application form is received by UCAS in plenty of time.

If you’re applying from outside the EU, you should apply as early as possible. Places on popular courses cannot be guaranteed for applications received after the end of the autumn term. You should allow plenty of time to make immigration, travel and accommodation arrangements.


Course Codes

The UCAS website gives you code names and numbers for all courses. Make sure you enter the right code on your application form. The institution code for Askham Bryan College is A70 .


Part Time Undergraduate Courses

You should apply for part-time degree courses using the College application form . Late applications can be made but you should try and avoid taking this route as you may find your first choice course is already full.

For enquiries or further information please contact the College at the address below, by calling 01904 772211 or by email.

Student Records
Askham Bryan College
Askham Bryan
YO23 3FR

Come and see us at one of our Open Mornings or Information Evenings to find out more about the courses which we offer, meet our tutors and visit our Campus.

Newton Rigg College,
CA11 0AH
01768 893400