NPTC Certificate of Competence in the Safe use of Plant Machinery (360 Diggers)
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to acquire the basic handling techniques of this important machine.
On successful completion of the course candidates will be able to:
- Identify aspects of legislation which apply to the safe preparation and operation of plant machinery
- Prepare the machine for work safely without risk to themselves, other people or the environment
- Undertake a verbal hazard and risk assessment on the site and the machine
- Carry out daily and routine maintenance on the site and the machine
- Carry out daily and routine maintenance on plant machinery
- State the identified knowledge that underpins understanding of driving plant machinery
- Manoeuvre a plant machine and operate it safely without risks to themselves, other people and the environment
- State procedures to be observed when cleaning and inspecting the machine and reporting defects
Previous experience of the operation of these machines will be an advantage.