City & Guilds NPTC Award in the Safe Use of a Manually Fed Wood Chippers
This course is designed for any person employed in arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, landscaping and grounds maintenance who is or will be required to operate wood chippers.
The course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge to understand the principles of best practice in operating woodchippers and to prepare them to take their assessment through the NPTC (National Proficiency Test Council).
- Know the health and safety requirements for operating a wood-chipper
- Be able to carry out a risk assessment on site
- Be able to prepare the equipment and site for wood-chipping operations
- Be able to operate a wood chipper
- Carry out maintenance on a wood-chipper