City & Guilds NPTC Award in the Safe Use of Sheep Dips
This course is designed for farmers and their staff who require certification by the NPTC for the purchase and supply of these chemicals.
- Use a sheep dip manufacturers label / data sheet for reference
- Undertake an assessment of available sheep dip facilities and their operation to the agreed standards
- Operate within and comply with the relevant legislative, welfare and environmental requirements
- Select and wear PPE for the tasks required
- Complete essential records accurately
- State the knowledge that underpins the understanding of the control of common external parasites
- State the knowledge that underpins the understanding and responsibilities of sheep diseases
- Use and disposal of sheep dip, handling chemicals / COSHH, health and safety, environment protection and personal precautions
The NPTC assessment will be in 2 parts. You will be required to undertake a computer based multiple choice question paper which is an assessment of the fundamental job related knowledge which candidates are required to have in relation to the safe use of sheep dips before, during and after dipping. Candidates must obtain at least 32 marks out of a possible 40 in order to pass this part of the assessment. The second part of the assessment is carried out on a one to one assessor basis, using oral questions in the vicinity of a sheep dip.
Candidates will also need to attend on a second date for the computer based test and dip side test.