Lantra Awards Basic Tree Survey and Inspection
This course is designed to explain the principles of basic tree survey and inspection.
This one-day workshop has been developed in association with the Arboricultural Association and is designed to explain the principles of basic tree survey and inspection, so that trees with visible signs and symptoms that may lead to tree or limb failure can be identified and reported. The course will be of interest to contractors, highway engineers, tree wardens, grounds maintenance staff, rangers and other persons of a non-arboricultural background. The course is primarily classroom-based but with an outside exercise. Candidates will therefore need to provide suitable outdoor clothing .
- State the legal and safety implications of hazardous trees
- Health and safety issues
- Recognise hazardous trees
- Determine level of risk
- Decide on an appropriate course of action
- Collect and maintain adequate information
- Recognise your own limitations