City and Guilds NPTC Award in the Safe Use of Ride-on Self-Propelled Mowers
This qualification aims to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and understanding to safely use a mower.
Unit 1 - Operate a Mower
- Carry out a basic risk assessment
- Health and safety legislation underpinning machine operation
- Appropriate PPE for mower operation
- Key features of the equipment being used
- Controls and instruments relating to the equipment being used
- Check and maintain the equipment being used
- Adjust the cutting units
- Safely operate a mower
Unit 2 - Use and Maintain Ride On Powered Equipment
- Set up, use and maintain equipment
- Work safely and minimise environmental damage
- Operating principles of powered equipment
- Health and safety legislation and environmental good practice
To successfully pass this qualification candidates must achieve all the assessment activities listed above.
The qualification will be endorsed with the cutting mechanism for the machines(s) the assessment is taken on.