BSc/BSc (Hons) Equine Science 2017 Entry UCAS Code: D4D8*
A three year honours degree course which includes skills and knowledge that can be applied to a wide range of areas within the equine industry.
On this course there is an emphasis on science.
Modules of Study Include:
• Industry Skills
• Academic Skills
• Introduction to Business
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Animal Health
• Equine Behaviour and Welfare
• Coaching Psychology and Rider Performance
• Management of the Performance Horse
• Academic Development
• Equine Exercise Physiology
• Equine Rehabilitation and Injury Management
• Animal Nutrition
• Equine Health and Disease
• Performance Horse Evaluation
• Equine Breeding and Reproduction Technologies
• Behaviour Modification
• Sports Psychology
• Equine Law
• Research Methods
• Applied Equine Veterinary Science
• Recent Advances in the Equine Industry
• Advanced Behaviour and Psychology
• Advanced Nutrition
• Advanced Coaching
*subject to validation
BSc/BSc (Hons)** 84 UCAS points***
**Entry to all undergraduate programmes have an expectation of 5 GCSEs at C or above in English, Maths and Science. Acceptable alternatives are welcome and applicants without formal qualifications can undertake an initial assessment process. Prospective students will be invited to an applicant day, some students may also be called for an interview.
****In line with the new UCAS tariff system for more information please visit www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/entry-requirements/tariff
Previous students have gone on to complete MSc qualifications in subjects such as Equine Science, and then on towards PhD qualifications.