External Residential Groups
Looking for an exciting place for your next field trip? As we are right in the heart of The Lake District, UNESCO World Heritage Centre - look no further!
Are you a geography teacher bringing students to study our cultural landscape? Or maybe a geology lecturer looking at our rock formations? We have excellent accommodation waiting for you!
At Newton Rigg College, Penrith we are a land based college in the perfect location for any geology, environmental, agricultural and land based study and we can fully cater for your students whilst they learn!
As a college we have students residing with us on a daily basis so we know what standards they expect and what catering they require and we will work with you and our excellent Head Chef to ensure you receive the quality experience you expect.
After you have had a busy day, kick back and relax in our many student communal areas where you can play pool, socialise and gather your thoughts ready for your next busy day!
24 Hour Rates for Student Groups (per person)
Choose from our single en suite or our single standard rooms, both with a communal kitchen, bedding and towels.
• We have 120 en suite rooms and 76 standard rooms.
• Please note that VAT will be charged unless we are in receipt of a signed VAT exemption certificate (available from the Conference Office on request). Even with VAT exemption, some additional items may still attract VAT.
• The 24 hour rate includes accommodation, full board catering and the use of one main meeting room. If you require additional rooms for group work and breakout sessions, these will be charged at the appropriate room hire rates.
• If you would like to make changes to the lunch or dinner options please contact the Conference Office to discuss your requirements.
• All of the bedrooms are non-smoking.
• Ground floor disabled access bedrooms are available.
• We require a deposit of 15% payment in advance of your stay.
• Minimum 2 night stay, minimum 20 students
• Rooms are available from 2.00pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 9.00am on the day of the departure.
• An invoice will be sent to your institution after your stay for the balance.
How do I book?
At the bottom of this page you will find our booking form which you need to complete and email to email@example.com. If you have any questions or would like to have a chat with us about your booking please call one of our friendly conference and events team on 01768 893707/9.