On the job training that suits you.
More about Work Based Diplomas*
- Suitable for everyone: start from scratch or learn some additional skills
- Work-related qualifications that are recognised by employers throughout the country
- You usually need a job or appropriate work placement
- There’s a mixture of assessment and training at your job or work placement and College study
- Assessment through on the job observation and questions plus a folder (portfolio) of your work
- You work with an Assessor to identify what you can already do and what you need to learn and practise
- College-based study is usually on a block or day release programme
* Work Based Learning Updates for 2010
In September 2010 NVQs were replaced by Work Based Diplomas and some of the detailed components of Apprenticeships and Advanced Apprenticeships will also have changed. Some awarding bodies may have additional entry requirements.