Earn while you learn and gain real work experience!
Apprenticeships and Advanced Apprenticeships are work based learning programmes for young people aged 16-24 and may be free of charge for learners. You need to be in a suitable job and most of your learning will take place at your workplace. We may be able to help you find a suitable work placement if you don’t already have one or you can also search for suitable vacancies on the National Apprenticeships website, www.apprenticeships.org.uk. You will then come to College either on day release each week or in block weeks.
You will gain valuable qualifications including:
• A Work Based Diploma at Level 2 (Apprentices) or Level 3 (Advanced Apprentices)
• Functional Skills qualifications
• Additional nationally recognised certificates for the sector in which you work
You will have a Course Manager who will direct and support you. Work Based Diplomas involve assessment through ‘on-the job’ observation and questioning. Assessors visit you in your work place and when you’re ready, they assess and ‘sign off’ each skill (unit) when you’ve shown you meet national occupational standards. You also produce a portfolio (folder) of evidence to show that you are competent and meet the required standards. Some work based learning qualifications may be subject to change by their awarding bodies and/or have additional entry requirements.
Apprenticeships and Work Based Diplomas are available in:
- Animal Care
- Environmental Conservation
- Equine Industry
- Game and Wildlife Management
- Horticulture (Amenity/Landscaping, Nursery Stock, Production or Greenkeeper/Grounds)
- Land Based Service Engineering
- Trees and Timber
- Veterinary Nursing
- Childrens Care, learning and development